Virtual learning management systems have revolutionized the course of learning journeys at all levels. Unlike the conventional approach of training and teaching by conducting physical classroom sessions, e-learning has created a breakthrough by offering customized training courses to a wide range of individuals ranging from high school students to corporate employees. An effective learning management system entertains the needs of all. Now one can access his/her desirable learning content at merely a registration requiring a few taps from their mobile screens. You can access your modules at any time from anywhere in the world. Such is the length of accessibility of these modern and contemporary learning management systems.
Who can use LMS?
The users of any learning management system can be mainly categorized into two; the trainers and learners. Both the categories of users benefit from LMS equally. The trainers are essentially called administrators when it comes to the categorization of users of any LMS. Now let us highlight how the two types of users play their part in any LMS.
The trainer or the administrator is a very crucial member of any online LMS. They are the individuals or sometimes organizations who devise various courses and ensure the complete course management throughout. They are organizing and refining the effectiveness of courses offered. They plan and schedule the assessments and delivery of the courses along with accessing the evaluations of any course.
The learners, on the other hand, are the front end users of every LMS. The users of this category sign-up and enroll their desired courses on any learning management system. The learners are expected to maintain their virtual presence at their enrolled courses by maintaining their digital attendance. They are also expected to take part in various assessment modules like case studies, online quizzes, submission of assignments, and reports.
As far as the types of customers for any generic LMS are concerned, it attracts a wide range of companies such as large corporate organizations with their internal training modules which their employees have to clear in order to sustain and grow in any multi-national organization. Small and medium businesses also benefit from online learning management systems however the extent of the benefits they extract is proportionate to their resources. An online training platform helps such companies in achieving their goals with limited resources in a short span of time. This ensures the growth of the business and professional development of its employees.
Benefits of a Learning Management System
· The user-friendly platform of a Learning Management System offers additional flexibility to the learners by accessing them the course content on any device of their choice such as desktop, tablet or mobile device.
· With the application of virtual and augmented reality in LMS, learners can have a practical field experience whenever it is deemed necessary without having to actually visit the fields. With this level of revolution, the conventional learning approaches will soon become obsolete and online LMS would be the only acceptable and viable learning solution.
· You can manage the entire training for an organization through one online platform which offers 24/7/365 access to the training content and hence the effectiveness is increased and training outcomes are forever refining.
· The customized online learning content can be delivered to the learners in a variety of formats such as quizzes, assignments, infographics, video interactions, gamified learning and other user-oriented approaches. This customized learning increases the effectiveness of the modules exponentially since themed based learning is proven to last longer than the conventional monotonous learning approach.
· With the availability and ease of access to learning and development content and tools, the average staff is encouraged and empowered to equip themselves with the competitive skill set for the success of the organization as well as personal development.
The Online Learning Management System has paved its way into the learning industry and its demand has ever been increasing. An extensive number of organizations and individuals are already switching to modified LMS platforms however there is still a long way to go in revolutionizing the conventional learning approaches.
© 2020 ProLS. All rights reserved. Powered by C2M